The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The Agency is looking for a Space Downstream Research & Innovation (R&I) Officer who will define and implement actions in the field of applications and user technology development for the downstream of the EU Space Programme covering integrated areas of EGNSS, Copernicus and GovSatCom, building on R&I tools, such as Horizon Europe or internal programmes.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Understand and structure the R&I space downstream priorities, leveraging all existing market and technology intelligence processes already present in the Agency, as well as analysing in depth all new technology trends, constantly consulting the users, industry and academic research;
- Act as a users’ coordinator and a bridge with market experts, making R&I a tool for the EU Space
- Downstream uptake, fostering the synergies and the integrated applications;
- Propose and implement new R&I tools, evaluating the feasibility, budget implications and impact;
- Coordinate and operationally perform activities for the preparation of calls, launches, evaluation up to the formal agreement;
- Coordinate specific projects as well as the project portfolio, using project management methodologies and specific tools from Horizon Europe;
- Design and measure KPIs for the assessment of intermediate and final results, following the benchmarking of state-of-the-art practices;
- Coach and support the companies involved in the projects via business development and leverage the market development expertise in the team;
- Support transversally the other project officers in different areas (e.g. grant agreement preparation, expert reviewers set-up, milestones and payment preparation, etc.);
- Report internally in the Agency and to external stakeholders on the results and budget implementation, including different audits;
- Prepare success stories, portfolio presentations, and other high-quality content for dissemination.
Furthermore, the Space Downstream R&I Officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary and to the overall Agency processes such as quality management and reporting.