The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The Agency is looking for an Engineering Officer at the GSMC with strong engineering skills to join our dynamic EU Agency.
The jobholder’s main responsibilities will be related to development, deployment, maintenance and operational support of the systems deployed at the GSMC, and will belong to the GSMC Engineering team reporting to the GSMC Engineering manager.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following tasks and responsibilities in coordination with the other GSMC teams, the other departments and consistent with the Agency’s processes:
- Contribute to the establishment, control and consistency of GSMC technical specifications and requirements on Galileo systems;
- Contribute to the PRS engineering activities of the GSMC (e.g. GRON (classified information and communication systems for the GSA), Public Regulated Service (PRS) service desk and other operational supporting tools);
- Contribute to the development and deployment of systems of the Galileo infrastructure through dedicated programme reviews and processes;
- Lead or support Agency’s projects in the area of competencies;
- Act as an interface with programme stakeholders such as EU institutions and EU Member-States, the European Space Agency (ESA), the Galileo System Operator (GSOp) and industry;
- Support the validation campaigns, anomaly reviews, lessons learnt and reviews processes;
- Support the training and the certification of operators.
The GSMC Engineering Officer shall be available for occasional on-call stand-by duties outside normal working hours or upon request in case of operational emergency (availability by phone with ability to come back to the site within predefined times that will be established to meet operational external requirements).
Place of employment:
The initial place of employment will be Saint-Germain-en-Laye. However, the jobholder may be requested to go on frequent missions or have temporary relocation to other GSA sites (Spain and Czech Republic) to perform similar tasks to those in France.