The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
About the department – The Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC) is an integral part of the Galileo infrastructure responsible for monitoring and responding to security threats and alerts, and the overall operational status of systems components. For Public Regulated Services (PRS), the Centre is the interface with governmental entities for cryptographic keys requests. The GSMC also oversees the content of security messages broadcast by Galileo satellites and supports the European External Action Service in case of threat to the security of the European Union or of a Member State.
Tasks and responsibilities
The GSMC Technical Facility Officer will support the GSMC Facility Management and the Technical Manager in the area of building facility management services. He/she will be covering the following list of tasks:
- Contribute to service contracts specifications and management of suppliers’ services execution;
- Support interactions with the building owner of the GSA premises in France (Ministry of Defence Infrastructure Department);
- Draft and follow Work Orders until delivery by suppliers;
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and check against service level agreements (SLAs);
- Check the implementation of safety, security, quality processes and procedures;
- Ensure logistical support;
- Contribute to building infrastructure technical requirements specifications or designs;
- Contribute to the coordination and reporting with other GSMC teams;
- Participate in the on-call roster: he/she may be called for the execution of on-call procedures outside normal working hours and to follow relevant training. When planned, he/she shall be able to come back to the GSMC within a defined timeline;
- Perform other relevant duties as required, such as acting as backup for other staff, particularly in technical and engineering areas.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to: post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
- secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union.
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen.
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service.
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Application procedure – In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the GSA e-recruitment portal (to get to portal, Click on APPLY button)
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: Technical Facility Officer