The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth.
GSA AND THE GALILEO SECURITY MONITORING CENTRE (GSMC)
The Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC) is an integral part of the Galileo infrastructure responsible for monitoring and responding to security threats and alerts, and the overall operational status of systems components. For Public Regulated Services (PRS), the Centre is the interface with governmental entities for cryptographic keys requests. The GSMC also oversees the content of security messages broadcast by Galileo satellites and supports the European External Action Service in case of threat to the security of the European Union or of a Member State.
The GSMC is currently composed of four teams (operational, engineering, facility management and security) based in two sites:
GSMC Master site – Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France;
GSMC Backup site – San Martin de la Vega, Community of Madrid, Spain
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Support Officer located in GMSC Master site (Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France) will be in charge of maintaining the Master schedule, supporting the risk management activities and actively contribute to the reporting of the department, by providing in particular:
- Permanent update of the master schedule files, using Microsoft Project;
- Provide global overview linking the Galileo Programme milestones and the GSMC Service Roadmap and main activities;
- Identify dependencies between milestones, critical path and flag risks of slippage against desired planning;
- Improve the usefulness and effectiveness of the risk management registers;
- Monitor and ensure updates of the risk management databases;
- Liaise with the other risk registers owners and managers
- Support for the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting;
- Organise weekly coordination meetings and the relevant reports;
- Gather inputs for reports, prepare them for management review, ensure their approval and delivery
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies5 of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
Contract agents from GSA and other EU agencies are also invited to apply in accordance with the following GSA rules: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/conditions_of_employment_of_contract_staff_ca.pdf
In order to be considered for this position, candidates need to create an account by registering via the GSA e-recruitment tool (to get to portal, Click on APPLY button). Only applications submitted via the E-recruitment tool will be accepted. Applications sent via email or post will not be taken into consideration.
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: Project Support Officer at the Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC). The GSA’s systems support the most commonly used Internet browsers. If you encounter issues, please consider changing the browser first before contacting us.