Linking space to user needs
EUSPA AND LEGAL AND PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
- The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services and coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is responsible for the security accreditation of all the EU Space Programme components. By fostering the development of an innovative and competitive space sector and engaging with the entire EU Space community, EUSPA contributes to the European Green Deal and digital transition, the safety and security of the Union and its citizens, while reinforcing its autonomy and resilience.
- The Legal and Procurement Department steers the legal dimension and ensures the overall follow-up of all EUSPA legal activities, and provides legal advice on all EUSPA policies. The department assists all other departments in contract preparation, negotiation and interpretation and manages all procurements, contracts, grants and other agreements. It also oversees the protection of personal data and ensures compliance with relevant legislation.
- You will be joining a dynamic and operational EU Agency and have the opportunity to work with colleagues from a broad array of different backgrounds and expertise all contributing to one of the most important and ambitious projects ever undertaken by the EU. We are committed to implement the EU Space Programme and turn the EU space ambitions into a reality. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The trainee will be expected to carry out the following duties under supervision:
- Assist the department in its daily activities, including participating in internal and/or external meetings;
- Support contract management, procurement and grants activities such as drafting and revising tender specifications, contracts and contract amendments under supervision;
- Participate to tenders/grant proposals evaluation;
- Provide assistance on various files and on legal requests handled by the department;
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders on legal / procurement / grants / contract management questions;
- Research and analyse law sources such as EU regulations, legislations, legal articles, treaties, etc.;
- Report on new case-law of EU courts and keep the relevant database updated;
- Assist in the negotiation or amendment of contractual terms and conditions;
- Provide administrative support (archiving, data entry and processing, etc.);
- Contribute to internal reporting tasks.
The traineeship is open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship at EUSPA and who meet the following requirements:
- Have a nationality of any Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Possess or pursue a recognised higher education degree (university education or equivalent), evidencing completion of a full cycle of study, or in the case of candidates who are at the end of their studies, an official attestation from their university or school stating the marks obtained
Have an initial experience or specific expertise in one of the areas of work of the Agency obtained either through specialisation as part of the applicant’s studies for a university degree, a dissertation or other research project conducted as part of their studies or through professional experience or a previous traineeship or otherwise
Possess a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union; one of these languages must be the working language of the Agency (English)
Have a clean criminal record
- Initial experience in EU public procurement or in a law firm or a legal department dealing with complex technological matters would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of IT applications (Word, Excel, PPT and any other is an asset);
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills;
- Capacity to work both in a team and independently.