Linking space to user needs
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services and coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is responsible for the security accreditation of all the EU Space Programme components. By fostering the development of an innovative and competitive space sector and engaging with the entire EU Space community, EUSPA contributes to the European Green Deal and digital transition, the safety and security of the Union and its citizens, while reinforcing its autonomy and resilience.
A core task for EUSPA is security of the EU Space Programme. The Security Department proactively contributes to the fulfilment of the missions of the Agency by providing the security expertise in order to (1) ensure that the components of the Space Programme are defined, implemented and exploited securely, (2) achieve successful security accreditation of the components of the Programme, and (3) ensure a wide, secure and sustainable use of the services provided by the different components.
You will be joining a dynamic and operational EU Agency and have the opportunity to work with colleagues from a broad array of different backgrounds and expertise all contributing to one of the most important and ambitious projects ever undertaken by the EU. We are committed to implement the EU Space Programme and turn the EU space ambitions into a reality. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The trainee will be expected to carry out under supervision the following duties:
- Assist the team in its daily UNCLASSIFIED activities, including participation in internal and/or external meetings dedicated to security aspects of space systems, services and users;
- Carry out research and draft papers on specific space security governance subjects;
- Support the review and preparation of security related documentation;
- Support the preparation of dissemination materials related to the tasks of the Department;
- Support the interactions with representatives of European Member States and relevant Authorities (including Security Authorities);
- Support the projects managed by the department (e.g. budget, cost, risk and schedule);
- Provide administrative support (e.g. archiving, document management, data entry and processing, organising meetings);
- Support ad-hoc tasks as required.
The traineeship is open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship at EUSPA and who meet the following requirements:
- Have a nationality of any Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Possess or pursue a recognized higher education degree (university education or equivalent), evidencing completion of a full cycle of study, or in the case of candidates who are at the end of their studies, an official attestation from their university or school stating the marks obtained
- Have an initial experience or specific expertise in one of the areas of work of the Agency obtained either through specialisation as part of the applicant’s studies for a university degree, a dissertation or other research project conducted as part of their studies or through professional experience or a previous traineeship or otherwise
- Possess a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union; one of these languages must be the working language of the Agency (English)
- Have a clean criminal record
The applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Willingness to learn and support defined tasks;
- Proactive attitude;
- Experience of public and business administration and/or other relevant areas such as engineering or exact sciences;
- Technical knowledge (by training or experience) of the tasks and responsibilities described above;
- Experience in public speaking and/or communication;
- Good knowledge of IT applications such as Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.