ABOUT THE JOB
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme.
The Secured Communications Programme Management Department plans, implements, and reports on all the activities of the Agency necessary to comply with the tasks delegated to the Agency in the Contribution Agreement between the EC and EUSPA. The Department will ensure the exploitation of the EU Space Programme components and the provision of users’ services as defined in the contribution agreement.
The current vacancy is for a position situated at the Agency’s headquarters in the heart of Europe – Prague – with excellent connection to numerous major European cities. The capital of the Czech Republic, in the banks of the Vltava River, is famous for its cultural life, renowned musical life, historic buildings, magical bridges, and recognised museums and monuments.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Department Secured Communications Programme Management will be responsible for the management of the EUSPA secured communications activities in accordance with the Financial Framework Partnership Agreement (FFPA) 2021-2027.
The jobholder will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have in principle the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the department, providing support and guidance to all team members, promoting operational excellence, team work, ownership and responsibility within the team and across the Agency;
- Manage the planning and execution of the secured communications activities in compliance with the Agency’s Contribution Agreement with the Commission;
- Prepare, negotiate and manage the implementation of Service activities (Initial and Full Operational Capability) and its infrastructure;
- Manage the service provision activities through his/her team and the different stakeholders involved in the service delivery;
- Ensure the right operating mode of his/her team with the other departments of the Agency in line with the matrix organisation;
- Prepare the security accreditation milestones in coordination with the Security Authority Department;
- Specify the needs for System Evolutions, and implement the associated design and development activities for the System in Operations;
- Support the development of new services in cooperation with other departments , as well as with all sites of the Agency;
- Represent the Agency in the Programme reviews with other stakeholders/partners and in workshops/conferences;
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight the Secured Communications services, providing proactive advice to the management;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
The description of tasks may evolve together with the evolution of the Agency’s missions and organisation.
The location for the post is foreseen to be Prague (Czech Republic). Regular to frequent missions are foreseen for this post.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more OR
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least twelve years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post