Linking space to user needs
EUSPA AND THE HIRING DEPARTMENT
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme.
As of 2023, the Agency will be also entrusted with tasks related to the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) programme, particularly regarding programme security and the delivery of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) services.
The place of employment for this position is the Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC) back-up site located in the Technological Institute La Marañosa, in San Martín de la Vega, Community of Madrid. Madrid is an international city with several things to offer: breath-taking art, complex culture, exquisite food, and rich history. The capital of Spain has excellent connections to the rest of the country, as well as to the rest of the world, and is famous for its vibrant nightlife and welcoming people.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking to recruit an ICT Officer who will provide support to users and will actively contribute to the fulfilment of the Agency’s responsibilities related to the implementation, supervision, development and evolutions of the ICT services, in particular in the area of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST).
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure the management and operations of EUSPA datacentre in GSMC Spain;
- Ensure proper functioning of the SST ICT services;
- Handle the management of inventory of ICT equipment and ensure timely replacement and maintenance;
- Contribute to the management of data, servers, and device configuration backup and restore;
- Monitor system health as well as incident, change and problem management;
- Conduct correct identification, logging and categorization of issues, escalating to other ICT groups as necessary;
- Support users in a professional and efficient way in order to solve incidents and service requests;
- Ensure the compliance with the security measures to protect ICT classified and unclassified systems, networks and data;
- Contribute to proper configuration and management of ICT security equipment (e.g. firewalls, VPN, encryption, tokens, certificates) including event logging and log analysis;
- Keep up with the latest ICT technologies and best practices in order to actively contribute to the continued ICT modernisation and continuous development and improvement of the systems;
- Support the preparation of procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Contribute to the management of the interface with the Agency’s internal stakeholders, internal ICT team and external stakeholders;
- Contribute to any other tasks of the department, as necessary;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience6 of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post