Linking space to user needs
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme, click here.
As of 2023, the Agency will be also entrusted with tasks related to the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) programme, particularly regarding programme security and the delivery of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) services.
The place of employment for this position is the Galileo Security Monitoring Centre back-up site located in Technological Institute La Marañosa, San Martín de la Vega, Community of Madrid. Madrid is an international city with several things to offer: breathtaking art, complex culture, exquisite food, and rich history. The capital of Spain has excellent connections to the rest of the country, as well as to the rest of the world, and is famous for its vibrant nightlife and welcoming people.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking to recruit Space Surveillance & Tracking (SST) Senior Software Developers to lead the security matters and software research and development activities related to the Agency’s SST Component.
The jobholders will be entrusted with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Integrate and maintain procured, as well as developed software applications, SST activities, including performing user requirements analysis and design;
- Provide high-end technical support related with SST software applications;
- Manage the development and/or integration of a software for the coordination of involved stakeholders;
- Provide support to procurement processes, including drafting technical specifications, selecting providers and managing contracts;
- Update and maintain the SST project related databases;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management;
- Contribute to any other tasks of the department, as necessary, in particular to all activities in the area of software development and deployment.
- Additionally, based on their prior professional experience, the successful SST Senior Software
- Developers will be assigned the following profiles with the corresponding specific responsibilities:
Profile Security Software Development:
- Manage the SST security activities related to the ICT infrastructure and software development domains;
- Evaluate and improve the applications’ security posture in line with best practices, by performing vulnerabilities assessment, setting procedures and processes;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on the SST security activities, including on security requirements definition and implementation.
Profile Software Research & Development:
- Support the research and development of new concepts & technologies for SST applications, such as artificial intelligence and blockchain;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on the SST research activities, including on requirements definition and implementation.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies5 attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more OR A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience6 of at least nine years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Norway or Iceland
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace