SPACE. SOLVED. We enable the visions of some of the world’s most ambitious and innovative companies. This has made us a preferred partner in the New Space industry.
Business Development Manager will be responsible for expanding our client base and building our order book. You will be armed with an outstanding track record of success and the most advanced product portfolio in the industry. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in the space industry, preferably in the NewSpace sector, with a proven network of solid relationships and strong knowledge of the launch and small satellite industry.
You have to be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, focused on delivering tangible results.
- Develop wins strategies for new business pursuits for Europe and Asia.
- Develop strategic customer accounts and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Identify new products and adjacent market opportunities in Europe and Asia.
- Perform tactical functions: prepare multiyear quote proposals, manage sales/engineering/customer interface, establish pricing, perform negotiations, review contracts and perform marketing analysis.
- Manage customers and the associated pipeline of opportunities.
- Manage relations with Exolaunch sales and mission management teams.
- Manage relations with launch vehicle providers and maximize the associated pipeline of opportunities.
- Establish and maintain key customer relationships and knowledge of new development programs and customer timelines. Able to support Tier-1, 2, or 3 accounts with a thorough understanding of the customers’ processes and needs.
- Support financial reporting, including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting requirements; provide regular communication on critical programs in pursuit portfolio.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; B.S. in Engineering is preferred with a demonstrated technical aptitude.
- 3+ years experience in the space industry required; experience working in the NewSpace sector with knowledge and understanding of the launch industry and small satellites strongly preferred; knowledge of satellite deployment systems is a plus.
- A highly collaborative individual with outstanding communication and networking skills.
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: Exceptional presentation, writing, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to hunt new business pursuits and close key new business wins.
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally.
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.