Aiming at providing excellent services in the space sector.
We are currently seeking a full time testing and IVV Engineer to provide service for the EPS-SG program in the field of testing, integration, verification and validation, and ops preparation engineering.
Skills and Experience
The tasks will include:
- Creation and maintenance of the EPS-SG IV&V system data circulation test procedures mainly within the EPS-SG PDAP (Payload Data Acquisition and Processing).
- Coordination and conduction of the System Data Circulation tests with external entities (ie. partners and industry such as ESA, CNES, DLR) as well as internally with EUMETSAT teams (e.g., other
- Ground Segment facilities and Multi-Mission-Elements -MME- teams). Participation in TRR and TRB meetings as required,
- Consolidation of the test results, generation of test reports and performance of the necessary analysis.
- Contribution to the in-house development and validation of test tools and their maintenance
- Contribution to the acceptance of test tools and test data provided by industry (such as ESA, CNES, DLR), i.e. instrument data simulator and ground processor prototype.
- Maintenance of the Verification Control Matrix (VCM) for EPS-SG in DOORS in the areas of PDAP, SDAs, SSIS, Regional Mission and McMurdo.
- Support the Space Segment area, such S/C platform and Instrument as required
The Key Person shall have the following experience and background:
- University degree in the domain of engineering, physics or equivalent.
- Proven experience in the verification and validation of large complex systems, with at least 3 years of general experience with on-ground processing of data from satellite instruments for Earth observation.
- Hands-on involvement in data circulation V&V activities including generation of test plan, test specification, procedures, and test reports for end-to-end processing chains.
- Some experience with definition and development of test tools and generation of test data sets.
- System requirements management and functional/architectural modelling, with support of tools (e.g., DOORS).
- Configuration Control processes and tools.
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
Knowledge in the following areas is considered as an advantage:
- Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with Java and Python
- Be able to fulfil the assigned tasks without supervision and systematic approach to work, be able to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and be willing to work in a team of engineers and in
- Cooperation with industry and partner agencies.