Aiming at providing excellent services in the space sector.
We are currently seeking a full time Ground Station System Engineer to join our dynamic team of engineers.
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (i.e., telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent) or the equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the ground stations systems and subsystems engineering (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition).
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
Skills and Experience
The Key Person will also be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of Ground Station operations.
- Contribute to the update of the EPS-GS (EUMETSAT Polar System – Second Generation) Ground
- Segment Requirements Document and other technical documents.
- Contribute to the EPS-SG Mission Control and Operations and Payload Data Acquisition and
- Processing in the areas of Ground Stations.
- Provide technical expertise for clarifications, actions, and inputs related to Ground Stations system and sub-system technical topics.
- Provide technical expertise on ground stations for IVV activities and supported the IVV team in the definition of test procedures.
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of TTCS operations.
- Contribute to antenna tracking campaigns and analyse space-to-ground link performance.
- Participate in the planning, preparation and execution of Radio Frequency Compatibility Tests.
- Investigate and provide technical know-how regarding Ground Station anomalies.
- Provide specialist technical know-how on the design and operation of EPS-SC Ground stations to
- Mission Control and Operations verification and validation activities.
- Provide technical expertise to any necessary ad-hoc technical and management meetings, including anomaly review boards.