end-to-end space mobility.
Exotrail is an end-to-end space mobility operator. We design, develop and sell mobility solutions for an agile space.
Our mission is to allow satellites to move in space, so that we can optimise their deployment, increase their service performances and reduce space pollution. Thanks to it, a new world of telecommunication, earth observation, space logistic and exploration will arise.
Exotrail’s Mobility Hub allow our customers:
- To define accurately their mobility need with our collaborative, intuitive mission and system design software ExoOPS™ – Mission Design
- To solve this mobility need with our high-thrust, flexible propulsion systems ExoMG™ and our in-space transportation and logistics services with our SpaceVan™ vehicle
- To operate the solution with our “flight dynamics-inside” constellation operation automation software ExoOPS™ – Operations
- Exotrail has been incorporated in 2017 and has secured over 20M€ since then from prestigious Venture Capital funds and public grants. We have customers all across the globe on all our product lines – US, Europe and Asia.
- Our team is expanding quickly and consists, as of today, of +60 people who are passionate about disrupting the space industry. We operate out of two locations: Toulouse and Massy (suburb of Paris).
- We are looking for an Electronics and Power system Architect to join the In-Orbit Servicing (IoS) team. This person will have to lead the electronics and power developments and architectures required for the SpaceVan™, a transportation vehicle dedicated to small satellites.
- The current team is composed of several systems engineers and experts working mainly on the first mission of the SpaceVan™. You will be responsible for the development of the electronics and of the power architecture of the platform. This position covers a wide range of topics: boards design, manufacturing management and testing to the high-level design of the power and data system of the satellite. The work will be performed in close collaboration with the software development team and with the electronics engineers already at Exotrail.
- At Exotrail, we are looking for talent willing to embrace a large scope of activities. This position requires candidates interested in developing their skills from deep technical tasks to project overview and management.
Your main tasks will be:
- Design the electronics and power architecture (electrical, data, grounding, harness, etc.) of the SpaceVan™ in coordination with the IoS team (systems, payload, propulsion, etc.)
- Participate in the electrical integration and testing of the different SpaceVan™ modules and payloads, including the preparation the procedures for all active subsystems in collaboration with other teams
- Design specific boards and harnesses for the SpaceVan™ (components selection, schematics and routing) manage the manufacturing, procurement and the acceptance of the boards and harnesses designed in-house manage power system procurement and testing coordinate the development of software with the embedded software team
- The SpaceVan™ relies on high performance electric propulsion and will require the capability to generate and handle a high power given its size. The most complex subsystems will be provided from specialized suppliers, but some in-house developed boards will be required. A high-performance power system is critical to provide a valuable service with the SpaceVan™.
- Furthermore, evolutions of the SpaceVan™ are envisioned considering higher performance propulsion which will more power demanding, and iterations on the electronics of the vehicle are already considered.
- The evolution of the role of the Electronics and Power system Architect can be to focus on design of new concepts, to take a managerial position or to move to production.
- You will work directly with the VP of In-Orbit Services and with the Lead Engineer of the In-Orbit Services team.
- Exotrail is looking for an electronics and power architect with hands-on experience on the design of electronics, from initial design to the production and testing, as well as with an experience in high-level architectures. Typically, the candidate worked on satellites projects and has experience in the design of electronics for space applications.
- The candidate has at least 5 years of experience in space activities related to power systems or must justify exceptional skills for this position.
In addition, and as importantly, the candidate must have the following mindset:
- Interest in highly technical work, from the high-level requirements to the final details for manufacturing and assembly
- High autonomy and proactive attitude
- Pragmatism, risk-taking and accountable
- Good communication skills with fluent English
- Willingness to join the dynamic, vibrant, demanding environment of a start-up