End-to-end space mobility Exotrail is an end-to-end space mobility operator. Our mission is to enable small satellites to move in space, optimise their deployment, increase their service performance, and reduce space pollution.
Job Description 👨💻
As an embedded software engineer, your role will be to design, develop and maintain the embedded software used in the spacedrop™ satellite platform. To this end, you will be in direct collaboration with many subsystems suppliers and internal teams to coordinate, lead and be part of the effort to develop the software. As the first person dedicated to embedded software development, your reach will be large, and a high level of technical know-how, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
You will work closely with our team composed of several talents and your main tasks will involve:
- Definition of the embedded software architecture
- Expert and interface with external suppliers regarding software interfaces
- Develop the embedded software required to link the subsystems of the platform
- Interface with the ground operations team to ease the operations of the spacecraft
- Manage the embedded software topic in the team, raise awareness and spread your technical know-how.
In addition, your job may evolve on much broader tasks that includes:
- Possibility to be in a leadership position for the future of the spacedrop™ project
- Build and develop a team a several software engineers to reach our ambitious goal, both on its technological side, and on the short timing required by the mission.
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
You are already an experienced professional with a significant experience in embedded software development. You must be experienced in programming on microcontroller, on a Linux platform and through RTOS. You have a good knowledge of standard communication protocols (CAN, RS422).
This position can lead to a managerial position of the future embedded software team, or to a technical expertise position. Thus, both profiles with only technical expertise or with some management experience will be reviewed.
In both cases, this role requires the following skills:
- A very high degree of autonomy;
- A deep technical understanding of embedded software, with the will to tackle development work;
- You want to work in a rewarding, yet demanding environment with a state of mind oriented towards results and rapid delivery;
- You have great communication skills, both writing- and speaking-wise;
- You are proficient in English. Any other language is a plus;
- You are willing to take measured risks;
- You want to bring agility to space and develop new services based on high-level technologies.
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least three times in order to give you a better idea of what it’s like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview with your future manager: You will learn more about the position and the required qualifications
2. On-site interview with HR and VP: You will discover your work environment and learn more about our culture
3. Interview with a founder: You can make sure that you share the same vision and values of the company
Why join the Exotrail adventure?