end-to-end space mobility.
Exotrail is an end-to-end space mobility operator. We design, develop and sell mobility solutions for an agile space.
Our mission is to allow satellites to move in space, so that we can optimise their deployment, increase their service performances and reduce space pollution. Thanks to it, a new world of telecommunication, earth observation, space logistic and exploration will arise.
Exotrail’s Mobility Hub allow our customers:
- To define accurately their mobility need with our collaborative, intuitive mission and system design software ExoOPS™ – Mission Design
- To solve this mobility need with our high-thrust, flexible propulsion systems ExoMG™ and our in-space transportation and logistics services with our SpaceVan™ vehicle
- To operate the solution with our “flight dynamics-inside” constellation operation automation software ExoOPS™ – Operations
- Exotrail has been incorporated in 2017 and has secured over 20M€ since then from prestigious Venture Capital funds and public grants. We have customers all across the globe on all our product lines – US, Europe and Asia.
- Our team is expanding quickly and consists, as of today, of +60 people who are passionate about disrupting the space industry. We operate out of two locations: Toulouse and Massy (suburb of Paris).
- Exotrail is looking for an intern in Software Development to integrate our satellite operations software with our SpaceVan™ FlatSat (a high-fidelity test bed for Integration & Test, flight software development, and flight operations training and rehearsal).
- ExoOPS™ is a software suite to design and operate satellite missions with an emphasis on propulsion operations.
- SpaceVan™ FlatSat is a high-fidelity test bed for Integration & Test, flight software development, and flight operations training and rehearsal.
- The use of a FlatSat is important on three points: this allows us to be sure that our interfaces are compatible with the satellite by testing them before the satellite is in orbit, this allows us to prepare in advance the creation of interfaces to operate the satellite, and this further demonstrates the interoperability capabilities of ExoOPS™.
Your activities will involve:
- Develop an interface between ExoOPS™ – Operations cloud-based software and an external board – Python and CAN bus use
- Test hardware connected to the flatsat – C, CAN bus
- This job is open in our Toulouse office. In this lively city, you will be integrated in the SpaceVan™ team, with close interactions with our software development team working on ExoOPS™ – Operations.
- Technical profile in a software development or the equivalent. Ideally the internship must be during a gap year or be the final internship before graduation.
- Very good soft and presentation skills (technical documentation, assumptions, oral presentation). You must be able to work with a great autonomy.
- English proficiency and a basic French level.
- Strong reporting and organizational capabilities, and a desire to work with a very dynamic and ambitious team
- You should be passionate about the space sector and entrepreneurship and ready to work in a very demanding environment – with the immense reward of being directly part of a very ambitious project!