Senior Systems Engineer
Warning: gethostbyname(): Host name cannot be longer than 255 characters in /home/careersinsp/public_html/wp-includes/http.php on line 553
Job Description 👨💻
Exotrail is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for its space transportation vehicle. The main role of this person will be to manage the development of the vehicle used to provide in-orbit transportation services.
To do so, both technical and project management skills are required as all members of the team will need to be hands-on.
The current team is composed of several engineers working mainly on the first mission of the spacedrop™. Your role will be to lead the systems engineering team working on the evolutions of the platform from mission to mission. It requires a high-level knowledge of the architecture of a satellite, a true spirit of innovation and good skills for team work.
Your main tasks will be:
- Animate and participate to the design of the evolutions of the spacedrop™ platform
- Manage and perform the system engineering tasks of the project
- Follow the development of the spacecraft from inception to the launch
- Manage subcontractors who provide technical support or equipment
- You will work directly with the VP of In-Orbit Services and with the Lead Engineer and the Project Manager of the In-Orbit Services team.
The position is opened in both Exotrail’s offices in Massy or Toulouse.
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
Exotrail is looking for a systems engineer with hands-on experience on all the phases of a space project. Typically, the candidate worked on small satellites projects and oversaw the development, assembly and tests of the satellite from end-to-end. A minimum experience of 2 years is required for this position.
In addition, and as importantly, the candidate must have the following mindset:
- interest in highly technical work, as well as good project management skills
- pragmatism, risk-taking and accountable
- good communication skills with fluent English
- willingness to join the dynamic, vibrant, demanding environment of a start-up
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least three times in order to give you a better idea of what it’s like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview with your future manager: You will learn more about the position and the required qualifications
2. On-site interview with HR and VP: You will discover your work environment and learn more about our culture
3. Interview with a founder: You can make sure that you share the same vision and values of the company
Why join the Exotrail adventure?
Mobility requirements are everywhere. They’re a fundamental part of humanity and impact all walks of life. The space industry is no exception. This is what Exotrail is all about– we take care of end-to-end space mobility for our customers.
Since 2017, we have been rethinking space mobility as a service and we plan to become the leading space logistics provider.
If you want to contribute to an ambitious project and join a talented team, get in touch!