end-to-end space mobility.
Oxford Space Systems develops innovative deployable structures for space applications. These include satellite antennas, panels, booms, and other structures that need to unfold to a large volume once in orbit but need to be folded to fit a small volume during the spacecraft’s launch. Our programmes span a wide range of opportunities; short proof of concept studies; first of a kind radical developments; accelerated flight hardware projects covering development, test and build; major multiyear mission programmes; and repeat builds for satellite constellations.
OSS has delivered multiple systems for operational satellites and to date has achieved 100% in-orbit deployment success. We are combining well proven technologies with innovative use of materials and origami-inspired principles to develop products which offer unique benefits to our growing customer base. Located at the Harwell Campus, our organisation has state of the art design and analysis capabilities in the areas of mechanical, thermal, structural dynamics and RF technology combined with manufacturing facilities which includes the largest clean room on campus.
- It’s an exciting time at OSS as we continue to work on many new product opportunities and establish flight model product lines. To support that effort, and as our business grows, we are looking to recruit Mechanical Engineers.
- This is a unique opportunity to work on innovative product portfolios, designing lightweight, robust low cost, and stowage efficient structures to reshape the future of antennas for Spacecraft.
- As a Mechanical Engineer you will understand our customer requirements and the impact on our products to design solutions that meet customer needs. You will carry out detailed reviews to prove the robustness and performance of our products, along with providing technical expertise and support to procurement, assembly and test activities.
- You are likely to have a bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering or physical sciences discipline, combined with an understanding of at least one of the following disciplines: mechanical., thermal, electrical systems, systems engineering, RF systems engineering. You will also be familiar with gears, motors or mechanisms. You will be a team player with excellent relationship building skills along with the aptitude to solve challenging problems and deliver to project deadlines.
- If you have the relevant skills and experience, are proactive, resourceful, enthusiastic and want to make a significant contribution to a growing and exciting company, then we want to hear from you. In return we offer an exciting career, with an opportunity to work flexibly, as well as 28 days basic holiday and contributory pension scheme.