Blue Origin is committed to building a road to space so our children can build the future.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help to enhance our team of facility, equipment engineers and technicians. This team is chartered with planning and performing preventive and corrective maintenance as well as unplanned servicing of facility systems and manufacturing equipment. Highly motivated individuals who are interested in playing a vital role in support of space development are invited to apply to our Seattle-based group. The Facilities Specialist III (FS) will share responsibilities for maintaining all facilities and equipment, including major systems (HVAC, HVAC controls, sprinkler and fire detection, security, electrical, communication, plumbing) and associated equipment. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Support preventive and corrective maintenance program efforts, including the transition to a more robust computer based maintenance management system for our properties.
- Perform maintenance and/or repairs of facilities and equipment, via in-house resources or by serving as the focal point for contracted efforts.
- Maintain our HVAC systems via a coordinated combination of hands-on attention and contracted support, demonstrating proficiency with HVAC controls.
- Act as the general contractor for selected facilities projects, performing functions such as soliciting and evaluating bids, reviewing work efforts, and managing cost and schedule.
- Serve as interface with outside system suppliers, including security, fire suppression, and HVAC.
- Organize shop and facility supplies to promote workplace efficiency, coordinating with other shop personnel.
- Assist with the definition and expansion of Blue Origin facilities support amid a period of rapid growth and pursuit of ambitious goals.
- Coordinate with project leads for the mobilization and demobilization of equipment.
- Coordinate with outside suppliers for the rental or purchase of equipment.
- Provide general technical and mechanical support on an as needed basis.
- Source, order, and confirm receipt of materials to support project completion.
- Help identify and acquire outside resources necessary for project support.
- Contribute to facilities team awareness of infrastructure and system status by highlighting discrepancies and areas of increased risk.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives within Blue Facilities and in coordination with other company stakeholders.
- This position requires at least 10 years’ of relevant practical experience in industrial facilities, industrial project management, and/or construction management.
- Applicants should have knowledge of industrial facility infrastructure.
- Electrical certification to a 07 level is highly valued.
- Applicants should be familiar with industrial safety policies and procedures.
- Applicants must be highly capable subcontractor managers.
- This position requires technical and manufacturing skills, but also an innovative mindset and flexible attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, project and power point programs is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.