Why Rocket Lab?
“Make everything you do a work of art.” – Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Facility Security Officer
As the Facility Security Officer you will be responsibility for the scoping, provisioning, accreditation and running of a SCIF at our Huntington Beach, California complex.
- Ensures compliance with NISP, CSA requirements, and corporate security policies, procedures and directives.
- Provides support to specialist contractors in the development and implementation of required security regime for the new SCIF.
- Supports the implementation of site security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel.
- Coordinates and maintains personal security clearance activities including records maintenance, investigations and mandatory reporting.
- Conducts investigations on all security matters as directed by the Rocket Lab Security Manager.
- Trains and supports the Company’s compliance with any NISP requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day running of the SCIF in terms of access control, information security, classified storage and transportation, personnel clearance processing (including foreign persons) and reporting.
- Conducts security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel.
- Ensures provision of proper training and routine oversight of site reception duties, to include badge handling and processing, visitor control and physical security management.
- Supports Rocket Lab’s compliance with all physical and FOCI security policies and practices as specified in the Company’s Affiliated Operational Security Plan.
- Serves as an advisor to the Government Security Committee (GSC) concerning the protection of controlled unclassified information and other proprietary technology and data subject to regulatory or contractual control by the US Government.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve higher clearance if required.
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience as an Assistant Facility Security Officer or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NSIPOM).
- Proficient at EQIP, and JPAS.
- Fluent with the MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Familiar with FOCI mitigation processes and procedures, with emphasis on SSA management preferred.
- Proficient at EQIP, JPAS. Classification Management/FSO trained and certified.
- Knowledge of ITAR.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- FSO trained and certified.
- Experience as an Assistant FSO or equivalent under SSA/FOCI guidelines.
Requires up to 10% domestic travel and the ability to travel internationally, if needed.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.