We’re looking for a highly motivated Growth Manager with a passion for the outdoors!
Do you love being in the mountains? Are you looking to shape and lead the growth efforts at a fast-growing startup? Then we’d love to chat.
FATMAP’s mission is to help people have better, safer adventures in the mountains. We’ve built the world’s only global 3D map built for outdoor adventure that’s trusted by the world’s top adventurers, athletes and mountain guides.
Your role will help us enter the next phase and build the largest community of skiers, hikers, mountain bikers, trail runners and mountaineers around the world and enabling them to plan, experience and share their adventures.
Be our Growth Marketer:
- Champion growth in every aspect of the business
- Become an expert in our customers: why and how they use our service
- Own the experiment backlog
- Run a metrics-driven process of rapid experimentation
- Deliver insights based on your own experiment analysis
- Manage the growth dashboard, help everyone across the org understand and interpret the numbers, and align their own work to help improve them
- Manage our budget and be directly accountable for our revenue targets
- Lead a cross-functional team including engineering, design and BI
- Work directly with our Founder and CEO
We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about the outdoors as they are about their craft: someone who will be living and breathing the product with deep empathy for the needs of our users, yet able to execute at a high pace to develop sustainable growth and meaningful results.
We’re a team of 35 people and life at FATMAP still feels very much like a startup. To be at home here you should be comfortable moving fast in ambiguity. We have ambitious goals and we’re looking for someone who is up to the challenge.
We operate a flexible remote working policy – pandemic permitting. You will be based out of one of our hubs in Chamonix or Berlin and have the choice to mix working from home with time at the office, but should be no more than 2hrs from one of our hub offices to maximise the opportunity to spend time together as a team.
In our office you’ll find skis, muddy boots, full suspension bikes and ice axes instead of ping pong tables and fuzzball. They say there are no friends on a powder day but at FATMAP we hope you’ll do a few runs to test the latest app build before you hit the office.
Your Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience being part of or running a growth team at a startup/tech company
- Able to design, execute and report on web and mobile experiments
- A broad range of experiences with the ‘tools of the trade’ – email providers (customer.io, Mailchimp), BI Tools (Mixpanel, Amplify), Website builders (wordpress, Squarespace), design tools (figma, photoshop)
Curious analytical mind, enjoy working with data. Ideally a background in a technical field such as science or engineering.
- Comfortable understanding and interpreting data and growth metrics (you don’t need to pull the queries – though great if you can – but you need to know what to ask for and understand the data).
- Able to patiently talk through disagreements, listen well and understand the points of view of others (while every business has disagreements, we have a very friendly culture with strong mutual respect).
- Good sense for user experience design and copy based on learnings from customer interviews.
- Comfortable optimising direct-response copy that delivers measurable results, either as a writer yourself, or managing agencies or freelancers.
- Growth mindset – Demonstrated by intense curiosity, self-reflection, track record of personal growth & improvement in any area (personal or professional).
What we offer
- 3 inspiring office hubs in Chamonix, Berlin and Vilnius.
- Flexible and remote working – working adventure trips are encouraged.
- Really awesome technical setup (laptop, screens, headset etc.) of your choice.
- All your outdoor gear at pro pricing.
- Unlimited reference and learning materials – for your work and adventures!
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations.
- Free use of our Chamonix apartment – 100m from the lift and surrounded by the biggest mountain range in Europe! With a stash of gear including tents, bouldering mats, sleeping bags, harnesses, ropes to borrow for free any time you like.
- New friends to explore with.