Come and join us on our mission to make FATMAP the Home of the Outdoors . . .
the place where every adventure begins.
FATMAP is expanding in Product Development. We are looking for an experienced person (f/m/d) to strengthen the team with their expertise.
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
Who – experience and mindset
To bring FATMAP to life we maintain a stack combining mapping and 3D rendering into our front-end web and mobile apps. Mapping and rendering are handled by separate teams, of which the product team is the only customer. The product team is responsible for delivering a rock-solid front-end product in close collaboration with our PMs, Designers, and backend engineers. Our web and mobile apps are served by a single Federated GraphQL gateway, combining multiple Rails-based GraphQL endpoints into a single API and implemented in React Native and react/web.
We are looking for somebody with years of React Native experience and a passion for professional software development. You should understand and advocate for best practices in software and product. While the focus is on our React Native mobile application we also maintain and improve our React/web stack.
Do you enjoy looking behind the scenes, trying to understand how things work? Do you have hands-on experience in connected clients, designing them to cope with shortcomings, failures or outages? Does the prospect of working on hard software problems, reshaping outdoor mapping, and serving the outdoor community alongside intelligent, friendly colleagues excite you? Do you love mapping and the outdoors? Then FATMAP is the place to be!
See more detail on technical experience level below.
How – working here
People at FATMAP have a lot of autonomy at work. We offer a largely flexible environment. At our working hubs in Berlin (DE), Vilnius (LT) and Chamonix (FR) you’ll be able to meet up with your team mates to work on a project together or just spend some time in an office environment. We are mostly remote by nature, and hence value sync time strongly. We also value our hubs and trying to keep a balance. Still, you needn’t worry about your calendar being full of regular meetings. You work with bleeding edge technology, use and run them in development and production. You are enabled to actively create and contribute to processes and ways of working.
This also requires you to be able to work independently. You need problem solving and debugging skills, and a good dose of pragmatism.
What – responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to build and maintain FATMAP’s React Native applications for iOS and Android
- Architect, build and improve excellent UIs – both online and offline
- Implement modern, smooth animations and transitions
- Work with native modules
- Write unit and integration tests
- Maintain the stack
What – qualification and experience
- Tools & Tech:
- Demonstrated experience in React Native
- Language agnostic software engineering background (5 years+), ideally with a focus on mobile application development
- Competent in Typescript
- Knowledge in a backend language is a plus (we use Golang and Ruby)
- Opinions about the importance of code quality, testing, pair-programming, linting, type safety and code review are all very welcome
- You are a Git native, CI, testing, automation, tooling are all part of our day-to-day
- Experience working with GraphQL is a plus
- Ability to work remotely with the option to enjoy a welcoming office environment at our hubs in Berlin, Vilnius, or Chamonix
- We communicate a lot in writing, and chat over zoom when necessary. Hence English language is a must.
What we offer
- 3 inspiring office hubs in Chamonix, Berlin and Vilnius
- Flexible and remote working – working adventure trips are encouraged.
- Really awesome technical setup (laptop, screens, headset etc.) of your choice
- All your outdoor gear at pro pricing
- Unlimited reference and learning materials – for your work and adventures!
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Free use of our Chamonix apartment – 100m from the lift and surrounded by the biggest mountain range in Europe! With a stash of gear including tents, bouldering mats, sleeping bags, harnesses, ropes to borrow for free any time you like.
- New friends to explore with.