Intelligence, Information, and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Installs, checks out, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies radio communications equipment. The COMMO support engineer provides all levels of classroom and hands-on operations and maintenance training to Taiwan COMMO personnel. Partners with Taiwan COMMO personnel to troubleshoot and repair all COMMO issues at required locations. This is to include IETC, E1, MICS at all hub locations and functions. The COMMO support engineer provides TT&E training to DSU CE personnel. Train and assist with PMCS and corrosion prevention at all levels. Provide expert advice and assistance to Taiwan Air Defense Missile Command (ADMC) at all levels of leadership on the training and employment of Patriot Battalion (BN) and Fire Unit (FU) personnel and hardware.
- The COMMO support engineer shall have a minimum of four (4) years of field maintenance support of US or Taiwan Military Patriot unique communications equipment.
- Graduate of one or more of the following Patriot Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Courses: 31R, 24T or 14E; and/or at least one (1) year of Collective Training experience.
- Hands-on experience on the configuration, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of Government-furnished VHF/UHF and Satellite communications equipment at the organizational/direct support level.
- Possess a working knowledge of system administrator communications networking procedures.
- Develop and provide solutions to a variety of communication network problems.
- Detailed experience in the use of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Encryption/Comsec devices and procedures.
- Must have a current US DoD Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of various kinds of video formats (i.e. RGB (Red, Green, Blue), Composite video, S-Video, etc.).
- General network knowledge, understanding of how TCP/IP works and how to do simple tasks like pings.
- Windows networking setup, and detailed knowledge of current military communications.
- Possess knowledge running Mobile Subscriber Equipment (MSE), Single Channel Ground & Airborne Radios (SINCGARS), Enhanced Position Location Reporting Systems (EPLRS), and Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Tactical internet and satellite communications experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Raytheon Quality Control procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of the Patriot refurbishment, modification, and system integration and check out (SICO) process.
- Demonstrated experience with Contractor Logistics Support.
- Demonstrated comprehensive planning skills.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a special focus on achieving the active participation of appropriate individuals across the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs.
- Experience living and working in an overseas location.
- Raytheon Six Sigma Certified.
REQUIRED EDUCATION (INCLUDING MAJOR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 8 years of experience or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience.