Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Financial Controller supports the Finance and Controlling Manager by executing all financial controlling tasks to ensure adequate company reporting.
The main tasks are:
- Tracking of all company and project costs, reporting of the percentage of completion
- Responsible for the transition from HGB in IFRS using a consistent application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensuring control/verification of direct hours worked/external costs for single WBS, through comparison of final data and estimates
- Responsible for the monitoring of the work-in-progress and milestone payment plan databank
- Providing for the analysis of differences between final accounts and estimates and the timely delivery of periodical reports to the manager
- Monitoring of the monthly orders portfolio check (by project)
- Supporting the year-end closing and audit
- Contributing to the drafting of the company’s budget and the relative periodic reviews and reporting
- Contributing to the development of a dynamic system and optimization of tools for measuring company performance
Required Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field (Economics, Business Administration/ BWL, Accounting), appropriate high school degree or relevant work experience.
- At least three years of professional experience in accounting and controlling, experience in IFRS accounting necessary.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial accounting and project controlling
- Capacity to most effectively use office automation systems for accounting and controlling
The job requires also
- Independent working style along with analytical thinking
- Outstanding communication and team skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Assertiveness and confidence working in an international team environment
- Fluent written and spoken German and English, knowledge of Italian is appreciated
- Fluency in standard office automation tools; MS Office (particularly Excel and Access), Email, Internet
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage
Spaceopal headquarter Munich, Germany. It could be necessary to participate sporadically to meetings at European locations
Please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your earliest availability and desired salary, FAO Mrs. Anna K. Faber-Mauter (HR Manager).
Remember to mention that you found this opportunity on Careers In Space!