Making space for everyone
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
Firefly Aerospace is hiring engine manufacturing technicians. This position will require knowledge and usage of shop air tools, basic hand tools, and specialty tooling fixtures. The candidate for this position should have high attention to detail and the ability to analyze schematics and read drawings. This position is located at our Rocket Production facility in Briggs, TX, north of Austin.
- The preparation of component assemblies during manufacturing operations. This Includes injecting, forming, sanding, and repairing wax molds on machined parts.
- Assembling fixtures and tooling for manual precision hole drilling.
- Removing assemblies from ovens and operating hot solvent flushing equipment.
- Operating Electro-discharge Drilling Machines.
- Minor fabrication, modification, and repair to fixtures and tooling.
- Cleaning machined and welded assemblies using heated cleaning baths and pump-fed flushing tooling.
- Deburring, burnishing, and final repair of parts for final assembly.
- Familiarity with portable vacuum and circulation pumps including the diaphragm, centrifugal and vane pumps.
- Experience using handheld heat guns and orbital sanders.
- Mechanical aptitude including usage of micrometers, calipers, hand tools, manually operated drills, and semiautomatic equipment such as hoists, washdown tanks, pressure washers and shop air tools including grinders, drills, and air guns.
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting experience involving pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical systems.
- Operating simple machines including automatic valves, piston cylinders, blowers, and other semi-automated equipment.
- Familiarity with manual machines including lathes, saws, and drill presses.
- Familiar with SLA 3D printers.
- Experience with woodworking, hot rods, drones, RC models, or other crafting skills.
- Mold making, or casting.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.