Making space for everyone
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
Come help us support the Facilities Team’s Planning and Supply Chain that supports the build of Rockets! We are looking for a high-energy individual with exceptional attention to detail. The Buyer/Planner I position provides critical support for operations, construction, maintenance, IT, and systems. Come be part of something special.
- Manage day-to-day purchasing duties including MRO purchases, IR creation, open order management, past due orders, tracking numbers, updating system, etc.
- Assist Facilities Manager in the planning of Facilities Projects.
- Ensure required materials are on-hand for the planned start date of the project or activity.
- Look ahead to order needed supplies to meet projects goals.
- Tracking and expediting the purchase orders for Facilities.
- Proactively communicate with internal teams as to delivery dates, etc.
- Act as liaison between Facilities and the Purchasing and Finance teams.
- Follow Corporate Procurement Practices and Procedures when making decisions concerning negotiating, sourcing, and contracting for all goods and services purchased.
- Review requisitions prior to PO to ensure that they are entered into the system correctly.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to Firefly Quality and compliance standards including supplier selection and part documentation.
- Maintain supplier and part attributes in the ERP system.
- Manage supplier returns and resolve inbound quality issues in a timely manner with internal stakeholders and the supplier.
- Resolved unmatched invoicing issues.
- Resolve to receive and invoicing discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure inventory. accuracy and supplier payment within agreed terms.
- Achieve the lowest cost possible.
- 1 – 5 years Buying/ Planning Experience.
- Minimum HS Diploma.
- MS Office (including Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Software operation and data entry skills.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and prioritization of internal issues.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and shown the ability to influence and communicate across all levels.
- Strong ability to handle and effectively prioritize multiple competing priorities and requests.
- Possess a valid “Real ID” driver’s license, and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks.
- Physical stamina to perform regular duties, including:
- Lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Crouch, bend and reach
- Odoo ERP/MRP knowledge.
- ITAR experience.
- Aerospace Industry as an OEM, Supplier, Contractor, Sub-contractor.
- Construction Management Experience.
- Experience in Engineering development, Proto-typing, and test environment a plus.
- Experience in AS9100 environment a plus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.