Making space for everyone
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we’re focused on creating the future of space transportation to enable commerce from Low Earth Orbit to the surface of the Moon and beyond. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
As a Plumbing Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for the production of the tube assemblies that route all of the fluids throughout our Alpha launch vehicle and Blue Ghost lunar lander. You will play a defining role in the development and optimization of these assemblies as well as defining the future growth of the tube shop at Firefly. You’ll be part of an energetic, highly skilled team of integration engineers and technicians, developing the foundational hardware, processes, and tools to support the production of Firefly’s high-performance Launch Vehicles and Spacecraft.
- Drive day to day production of tubing for Alpha, Beta, and Blue Ghost
- Plan and execute capital expenditures to increase tube shop throughput as vehicle production ramps up
- Develop internal and external NDE processes and documentation to meet industry requirements
- Maintain tube manufacturing value stream, including internal raw material, external tube bending suppliers through a proof, NDE, and cleaning process
- Generate and maintain work instructions and run records for Alpha Stage 1 and Stage 2, Reaver and Lightning engines, Payload, Beta vehicle, and Blue Ghost spacecraft
- Work with Fluid Systems and Design engineers on projects to reduce weight and cost, while increasing production efficiency
- Develop data collection processes and generate metrics to inform strategic production and programmatic decisions
- Work with welders to develop and document weld schedules and implement process controls
- 2+ years working in a production environment
- Familiar with weld processes and inspection techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge in NDE inspection methods
- Familiar with Lean practices and associated analytical methods
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent technical field
- Expert-level familiarity with NDE processes, including PT, VT, and RT
- 2+ years working with plumbing
- Experience creating and optimizing lean work cells
- Demonstrated experience implementing new processes and software in a production environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.