Making Space for everyone.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
The Firefly Propulsion Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Team is responsible for the fabrication, integration, test, and delivery of the Reaver and Lightning engines to the Alpha vehicle. The individual MEs take profound ownership of engine components from the time the design is released to the delivery of a completed product. The turbopump is at the heart of a rocket engine and is easily the most complex assembly. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to take on the challenge of mass-producing such a complex assembly.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback to the design teams.
- End-to-end ownership of the manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Work with technician teams towards continuous process improvement.
- Develop and execute functional checkout procedures and processes where applicable.
- Manage assembly build schedule and constantly improve accuracy by collecting and processing relevant data.
- Lead the development and qualification of new manufacturing processes to enable a dramatic increase in production rate.
- Work with responsible engineers to move hardware through the nonconformance process in an expeditious manner.
- Plan hardware needs and executes procurements to meet aggressive company production objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Proven experience with complex assemblies, e.g. production in aerospace/aviation/automotive industries
- 2+ years manufacturing and/or integration experience
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and assembly instructions
- Proven experience with complex troubleshooting
- Proven experience working in dynamic and evolving environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey methodologies for assembly and troubleshooting
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills – Must be a team player
- Proven experience with tasks requiring extreme attention to detail and prolonged mental concentration
- Ability to thrive in high stakes, stressful, short deadline environments
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making ability
- Experience with modern manufacturing principles, such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience with hazardous material safety protocols
- Experience with complex system assembly and hands-on build experience preferably in space systems or aerospace applications
- Experience with writing assembly procedures or documentation for mechanical, electrical, or structural systems
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and identifying pass/fail criteria on systems. Knowledge of data analysis packages (Python/high-level Excel) preferred
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.