Making Space for everyone.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
As the Alpha Launch Vehicle Program Manager, you will leverage your singular creative, programmatic, and technical expertise to transition the Alpha Launch vehicle from a development process to production. You will be responsible for navigating major vehicle upgrades to reduce part count, cost and improve payload performance to exceed customer expectations. Working closely with the engineering teams, production, test, and Business Development, you will be responsible for ramping up production to meet growing customer demand. As the focal point for the Alpha program, you will help enable this team by bringing together a cohesive approach to program schedule, technical development, clear budgeting, and market strategy.
- Manage the program’s integrated master schedule and costs.
- Manage the high-level performance and unit cost requirements for proper market capture.
- Manage the Chief Engineer and their integrated product teams to develop the full integrated Alpha vehicle stages, including technical development of core matrixed engineering teams.
- Help drive the overall vehicle architecture and maintain the baseline through multiple flight demonstrations.
- Manage the vehicle cost model, vehicle master CAD, mass model, performance model, interface documents.
- Manage long leads and suppliers.
- Manage program risks (ID, mitigate, track).
- Serve as point of contact for NASA and other Payload customers, and represent Firefly at conferences, reviews, and investor meetings.
- Assist Business development or long lead acquisitions in negotiating contracts and statements of work.
- Partner with systems engineering to certify the vehicle against the most stringent government requirements.
- Partner with the Licensing team and Chief Engineer to tailor necessary range documents per vehicle configuration and customer.
- BS in Aerospace Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably for launch vehicles or other aerospace programs.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-discipline team and provide leadership, guidance, and insight.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to track and improve program performance metrics.
- MS in Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Management.
- Familiarity with requirements tracking, Atlassian Confluence and Jira, and Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001.
- Active security clearance.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.