End-to-End Space Transportation and In-Space Services
Firefly is hiring for Engine Production Technicians to support our operations in Huntsville. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in a hands-on electro-chemical technician role in a small shop.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating machinery (such as a drill press, band saw, etc.), be comfortable working within a production/process environment, and have the ability to work in a physically active role (this position will require a lot of movement, reaching, some lifting, etc).
- Utilize hand tools to assemble and disassemble production fixturing
- Use precision measurement tools to measure incoming parts
- Make repairs and perform maintenance on production equipment
- Keep all work areas clean and tidy
- Must hold themselves to a high standard of quality and take pride in their work
- Must abide by safety standards at all times
- Experience with calipers, micrometers, and other basic measurement tools
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly
- Ability to read and follow technical diagrams / work instructions
- Experience with hand tools
- Physically able to perform lifting operations and able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and follow instructions
- Must have passion for learning new skills
- Must have basic math skills, and widely familiar with both US and metric units of measure.
- Ability to take on and overcome new challenges
- Be available to work 2nd shift / overtime as needed