Making Space for everyone.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
The Facilities Janitorial Technician at Firefly Aerospace is responsible for providing all Janitorial services for the facility complex. Includes administration areas, production facilities, restrooms, conference rooms, and break rooms. You will also stock all supplies and support set up and clean up for all meetings. Support other on-site activities as related to facility maintenance/operations as required by the Facilities Manager.
- Manage food/snack stocks for the breakroom area and water stocks for the site.
- General cleaning of the site buildings and keep them maintained and in good condition.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Vacuum and as required steam clean carpets.
- Washes windows and other required surfaces.
- Cleans and disinfects toilets and replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels.
- Responds to urgent situations, such as spills, that require quick action.
- Orders cleaning supplies and equipment and maintain an appropriate stock at all times.
- Mixes liquids and solvents from basic materials to create effective cleaning supplies.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as vacuums and floor cleaners.
- Collects and removes trash from a building or space.
- Makes minor repairs as necessary, including tasks such as changing light bulbs and fixing leaks.
- Notifies supervisor when major repairs, including structural issues or highly skilled tasks, are required.
- Monitors heat, cooling, and other environmental systems.
- Maintains a level of security in a building, such as locking doors, storing keys, and using access codes for restricted areas and rooms.
- Performs outdoor upkeep as necessary, including mowing grass, trimming shrubs, and maintaining entrances and walkways.
- Perform special circumstances tasks as necessary.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Prior janitorial experience is preferred
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime, and off-shift hours on occasion
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
- Possess a valid “Real ID” driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Vandenberg AFB, CA
- Passionate regarding the mission of Firefly the NewSpace industry
- Compassionate towards the individuals in the company
- Flexibility is one’s professional duties
- Understanding interpersonal situations
- Willing to work long/odd/early hours
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.