Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race!
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key financial business partner of the organization and works under the supervision of the FP&A Manager. The role provides financial leadership and partnership to areas of the business driving all financial processes and providing hands-on financial and analytical support. This individual will participate in day-to-day and monthly financial operations forecasting and reporting activities, including forecasting, driving the annual operating plan, business analytics, process improvements, cost reduction, and cash savings, manufacturing variance analysis, inventory and/or manufacturing issues, and ad-hoc projects. This is a hands-on, in-depth analysis role intended to drive decisions to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders cross-functionally (Operations, Business Development, Engineering) to develop a deep understanding of operating expenses, business drivers, costs, and revenue
- Owning the annual operating plan and regular forecast process for your respective groups
- Provide support to the monthly budget vs actual analysis
- Support capital budgeting process including business case development, financial analysis, and return on investment
- Support business leaders with innovative financial analyses, ROIs, and present compelling, data-driven insights to help the business make more informed investment decisions
- Identify and track key performance metrics pertaining to business operations, competitors, benchmarking, etc.
- Identify and implement process improvements and tools
- Protect the organization’s value by maintaining the confidentiality
- Become a trusted advisor to your business partners
- 3-5 years of work experience in financial planning & analysis in a hardware and manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Strong financial and business modeling skills with experience in building financial models
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project and time management abilities
- Strong ability to find the signal from the noise
- Provides metrics and analytical tools that help manage and guide the business to improved operational and financial performance
- ROI/NPV analysis of business unit initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Ad hoc reporting, financial analysis, and modeling as needed
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Exposure to business intelligence tools
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.