AKKA Technologies, a company specialized in Engineering and Technology Consulting, now has about 15,000 employees in over 20 countries. Our teams accompany the protagonists of the various sectors of the economy in their innovation processes, thanks to the experience in the various areas of Engineering. With a view to strengthening the team, we are looking for a Firmware developer.
For an important client in the naval sector we are looking for a firmware / embedded SW developer, who wants to get involved and above all be motivated, to be inserted in a dynamic and cutting-edge context. The sought-after figure will collaborate on a project for collecting, managing and processing data acquired through various remote sensing sensors (VIS, IR, UV, RADAR, etc.).
The resource will be inserted within the company team and will take care of the development of the control software and use of the sensors identified, of the integration of the sensors with the other components of the system and of the system verification.
The ideal resource has a degree in Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics or Telecommunications or Computer Science, with experience in the design and implementation of firmware. He will have had the opportunity to gain experience in the use of Single Board Computer systems such as Raspberry and Arduino, and in the use of standard communication interfaces such as: serial (RS-232, UART), USB, Ethernet, WiFi.
Knowledge of the English language is also required.
To perform the role sought, it is essential to have acquired the following technical skills:
- In-depth knowledge of C and C ++ programming languages.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of the following development tools: Visual Studio, Gitlab, CMake, etc.
- Ability to use debugging tools, perform troubleshooting and profiling an application running in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of the UML standard.
The following additional skills will be positively evaluated:
- Knowledge of real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Knowledge of tools for creating customized linux operating systems (eg Yocto Project)
- Any experience in integrating and using the VIS, IR, UV, RADAR sensors and the subsequent use of the data.
Moreover, it is essential that in addition to technical knowledge the candidate has the ability to work in full autonomy and problem solving skills along with a marked propensity for teamwork.
Europe, Italy, Piedmont, Turin
Minimum level of education required
English (2: Intermediate)