Small satellites. Huge future.
At Fleet we help customers connect thousands of IoT devices to our advanced communication system – built with edge computing and IoT gateways and backed up by our expanding nano-satellite constellation.
We are currently hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our product team to help build applications in our cloud based server-less infrastructure that enable customers to manage their devices remotely.
To be successful in this role you need to be a natural problem solver who enjoys taking on challenges requiring a high level of creative thinking and strong coding abilities.
You will be joining a collaborative work environment where we empower people to learn and grow whilst recognizing individual efforts and celebrating the team’s successes.
If you also share our love and passion for space and technologies that enable exploration of the unknown, we strongly urge you to apply for this position.
As a Software Developer at Fleet you will be exposed to many exciting challenges and problem domains, including:
The opportunity to put code into space through our nanosatellite constellation network
Work alongside an agile hardware development team who use advanced manufacturing to bring next generation devices to life
Develop a deep understanding of efficiency, deploy your solutions in an environment where every CPU cycle counts, every Bit needs to be considered and latency is paramount
Gain insights into working with data volume created by thousands of remote sensing devices, and the cloud technologies required to create hyperscale data pipelines
The opportunity to work with embedded systems
- Working with our main technology stack: GoLang, NodeJS, and Typescript running on AWS and customer hardware
- Build highly available and scalable, cloud native applications
- Build highly efficient software for low power, resource constrained devices
- Craft out of this world user experiences with our Vue.js UI framework
- Work with engineers and product managers to develop requirements
- Assist with design, plan, implementation, and test of new systems and features
- Deploying, and operating the production systems
- Work in an Agile framework
- Provide mentorship and guidance for Junior developers
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The courage and professional maturity to have principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge.
- A product mindset, in which engineering costs are measured against the benefits to our stakeholders.
- Creative and collaborative approach to work
- Experience working with modern cloud architecture and applications
- Strong coding ability – preferably with Node/Typescript, Python, Go or similar
- Experience with source control – preferable git or similar
- Knowledge of automated testing practices