- Electronics Manufacturing
- Space industry
- Great growth opportunity
Fleet Space Technologies is Australia’s most successful space tech startup with six satellites in space and ground technology deployed to effectively provide remote connectivity to our customers. Our end to end communication system uses a network of highly efficient nanosatellites combined with state of the art IoT technology on the ground to facilitate a high rate of data to be transmitted from the most remote locations in the world.
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer with experience from electronics manufacturing and/or similar industry.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role is responsible for supporting all aspects of purchasing to ensure reliable supply of materials and accurate inventory levels to enable continuity of manufacturing.
Working in a small supply chain and manufacturing team, the ability to work on different tasks simultaneously whilst effectively prioritising the workload will be a key skillset.
To be successful in this role the successful candidate will need a solid understanding of purchasing and supply chain activities that support manufacturing activities demonstrated through previous experience in a similar role.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a highly talented group of people within an innovative space technology company.
- Execute purchasing plans to support all activities of the business and ensure that they conform with the company purchasing policy and procedure
- Researching, comparing and evaluating suppliers
- Negotiating contract terms and pricing
- Maintain systems with purchasing updates and time schedules
- Provide updates to engineering and manufacturing on delivery dates and inventory
- Coordinate & assist with annual stocktake and ongoing inventory cycle counts
- Receiving and receipt of goods for inventory
- Follow all processes related to the effective management of supplier performance and quality of products
- Ensure that procured value is fully delivered
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a purchasing and inventory control
- Purchasing experience related to overseas procurement
- Experience working with manufacturing and procurement software
- Good financial understanding and numerical interpretation
- Experience in purchasing for manufacturing, understanding the importance of continuity of supply for a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with electronic parts and components (advantageous)
- Experience in building strong professional working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Organised and detail oriented
- An interest and passion for space