Small satellites. Huge future.
Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
The RF Spectrum and Frequency Consultant possesses a strong technical knowledge combined with outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
Main duties involve working with regulators, agencies and other satellite companies to manage the radio-communication frequencies that allows Fleet to operate and provide our communication service globally whilst also providing support across the organisation on all matters relating to radio spectrum and frequencies.
Success in this role will be defined by effective management and filing of frequencies and the ability to negotiate strategic agreements that will benefit Fleet’s long term strategy.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of people, help represent Fleet internationally, and join the most successful and innovative space company in Australia.
- Define spectrum requirements and file for frequencies
- Model Fleet and other spectrum users to determine interference patterns and achieve agreed coordination outcomes
- Negotiate deals with other organisations globally that are in line with the organization’s long term strategy.
- Build profiles for what frequencies are required to operate in specific countries.
- Obtain licences required to operate in various jurisdictions.
- Occasional international travel to represent Fleet at meetings and conferences
- Support Director Telecommunications Strategy, Head of Satellites, RF engineers and other relevant stakeholders with operational support in line with the role
- Assist with other duties as reasonably requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications and/or
- 5 years of relevant work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with stakeholders on all levels
- A solid background and understanding of satellite technology, radio frequencies and antennas – frequency bands, usage rates, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience from working with various regulators and RF organisations (ACMA, ITU, industry bodies, etc.)
- Solid experience with spectrum and frequency management and coordination
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.