Small satellites. Huge future.
- Collaborate on Greenfield projects
- Work on Spacecraft development!
- Subsystems ownership
Fleet Space Technologies is an innovative technology company that builds solutions for companies that wish to monitor and manage assets in remote areas. Our satellite constellation in combination with state-of-the-art ground-based technologies allows customers to securely transfer data from anywhere in the world.
As a business, we are ambitious, innovative, and collaborative and we put our customers first in everything that we do. We love celebrating our successes, and we have had a lot to celebrate to date. Over the past two years we have successfully built, deployed, and connected thousands of our customer’s IoT devices to our nano-satellite backhaul enabling them to transfer data for tracking and managing their assets.
This role is a permanent position based primarily in our corporate head office located in Beverley, South Australia. To support our business, we are looking to employ a full-time Systems Engineer to join a dedicated engineering team, working on a range of products and reporting to our Head of Spacecraft Development; you will be required to ensure that the products/systems are successfully developed to meet the customer specifications as it was intended. You will have a strong ability to successfully analyse, qualify system integrations, validate, and verify the project’s progress throughout the system life-cycle.
As a valued team member of the team, you will be invited to participate in all company cultural activities and provide feedback in our monthly all hands meetings. This role offers great training and development opportunities as well as the opportunity to work in an innovative environment.
- Design and develop system level architecture for satellite program
- Develop system level and subsystem level requirement definitions
- Develop and implement the verification and validation approach
- Develop and implement key verification inspections and tests
- Develop and maintain mission risk register
- Utilising Model Based Systems Engineering methodology and implementing relevant design tools and practices
- Coordinate and work with all spacecraft subsystems and technical managers
- Coordinate and work with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and work with key suppliers
- Change management reporting updates to relevant stakeholders
Key Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in systems engineering
- Experience with model based systems engineering methodology
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work according to business needs
- Strong administrational skills with a good understanding of the importance of thorough documentation
- A natural problem solver with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritise
- A natural collaborator who puts team before self
- Prior experience with satellite or spacecraft development (advantageous)
- Results driven and responsible
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile and autonomously driven atmosphere
- A team player
- Willingness to learn
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Fleet Space Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet Space Technologies is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace