Fleet Space Technologies is an innovative technology company that builds solutions for companies that wish to monitor and manage assets in remote areas. Our satellite constellation in combination with state-of-the-art ground-based technologies allows customers to securely transfer data from anywhere in the world.
- Systems Engineering
- End to end spacecraft development
- Remote work
As a business, we are ambitious, innovative, and collaborative and we put our customers first in everything that we do. We love celebrating our successes, and we have had a lot to celebrate to date – including successful launch of 7 satellites into space.
We are now expanding the business and as part of this growth hiring a Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer to help lead our spacecraft development and manufacturing.
The Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and verification of the spacecraft system to ensure the satellite meets its key objectives. They will work in all phases of a spacecraft development from ideation, preliminary design, critical design, manufacture, testing, launch and operations and be able to work with all typical spacecraft subsystems. The role would also entail knowledge of a few critical subsystems, such as software, attitude and control, electronics or power.
This role will work remotely as a subject matter expert and interact with the Australia based engineering team on a daily basis.
- Lead the design and development of the system level architectures of spacecraft development
- Lead the development of the system level and subsystem level requirement definition
- Lead the development and implementation of the verification and validation approach
- Lead the development and implementation of the key verifications, inspections and tests
- Develop and maintain mission risk register
- Utilising Model Based Systems Engineering methodology and implementing relevant design tools and practices
- Coordinate and work with all spacecraft subsystems and technical managers in Adelaide, Australia
- Coordinate and work with key stakeholders globally
- Coordinate and work with key suppliers to ensure manufacturing and launch deadlines are met
Key Experience and Skills
- 8-10 years of experience in systems engineering
- Experience with model based systems engineering methodology
- Experience with end to end system development of spacecraft
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work according to business needs
- Strong administrational skills with a good understanding of the importance of thorough documentation
- A natural problem solver with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritise
- A natural collaborator who puts team before self
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant engineering discipline combined with minimum 8 years of experience in systems engineering
Fleet Space Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet Space Technologies is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.