RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for a Flex PDGS Sub-System Engineer to work at our client’s premises in the city of Frascati, Italy.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
During phase B2/C/D/E1:
- Management Support to the PDGS sub-systems technical officers for:
- Preparation of the PDGS sub-systems managerial documentation (e.g. implementation plan);
- Preparation of the PDGS sub-systems contractual documentation (e.g. SoWs);
- Management of industries in charge of PDGS sub-systems development;
- Coordination of PDGS sub-systems review.
- Preparation of the PDGS Sub-Systems requirements documents
- Support to PDGS specification for the part relevant to the PDGS data processing sub-systems implementation (e.g. Interface Control Documents).
- Support the acceptance by the PDGS Project of PDGS external CFIs.
- Review of documentation from various sources: ESA, Industry during the project phases dealing with sub-systems implementation and testing.
- Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews organized either by ESA or by Industry.
- Management of the review item discrepancies, system or software problem reports and action linked to PDGS Sub-Systems implementation contracts
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the relevant project phases.
- Operations of the various supporting tools for the part relevant to the PDGS sub-systems implementation (e.g. Documentation Management System).
- Support to the PDGS Integration and Validation and Ground Segment Validation phases addressing for the relevant PDGS sub-systems:
- Integration of the facility within the processing centre;
- Definition of integration and validation tests;
- Run of integration and validation tests procedures;
- Test results analysis;
- Test reporting;
- Support for operators training and preparation of operational documentation for the relevant PDGS sub-systems.
- Support for definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan and procedures for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
- Support for the preparation of the launch and the implementation of rehearsal activities for the relevant PDGS sub-systems.
- Support for the management of PDGS Operations, system behavior monitoring and reporting during commissioning for the relevant PDGS sub-systems Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS sub-systems engineering, testing and validation, etc.
During phase E2:
- Support for the sub-systems impact analysis of new PDGS requirements deriving from new user needs and/or new operational needs.
- Support to the PDGS sub-systems specification evolution.
- Management of industry in charge of PDGS sub-systems evolution and maintenance.
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the mission lifetime.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in engineering or Remote Sensing.
- Experience on ground segments implementation, in particular on:
- Requirements specification;
- Development of PDGS Mission Planning and Mission Monitoring sub-systems;
- System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification and resolution.
- Knowledge of the ECSS standards and, as an asset, documentation and configuration control management techniques.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Project management experience, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segment Development.
- Knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development.
- Programming skills (in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS engineering, testing and validation, etc.).
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.