The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
FLIGHT DYNAMICS ENGINEER (JUICE TEST AND VALIDATION FOR SCIENCE MISSIONS) (M/F) REF. NO. 19-70156
For our customer, ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer with the primary areas of responsibility being Test and Validation for Science Missions. Additionally, you may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for other missions and activities within the scope of general Flight Dynamics operations engineering.
Primary activities are related to JUICE however potentially also related to EUCLID and CLUSTER-II.
The general activities are:
- Test and Validation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Validation of operational Flight Dynamics products, such as command parameter sets, reports, event predictions and acquisition data before delivery to FCT and other users)
- Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
- Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Set-up procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration
- Coordination of internal and external interfaces and actitivities across subsystems
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
This is a full-time position to be located at ESOC’s premises in Darmstadt with the planned start date as soon as possible but not later than 1st November 2019.
Approx. 400 hours per year of on-call and 1 European mission per year are foreseen.
Qualifications & Competencies
In addition to having a university degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics, you shall have following knowledge:
Essential skills are:
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields
- Ability to work independently
Desirable skills are:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without supervision.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company:
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
Closing date: June 11th, 2019
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.