We are looking for a full time candidate with industry experience and desire to put their knowledge of data science and GIS to agriculture application and real-world problems.
The candidate will join our team in Sydney to work with the company leadership, and data science team to achieve the best translation of FluroSat innovation into customer-facing products. Our work environment is flexible, so if you need to work from home sometimes (or most of the time, depending on your location), you can.
The ideal candidate’s favorite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Design accurate and scalable crop performance estimation and prediction algorithms
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production
- Work with the team of data scientists (agriculture, remote sensing, data science) on novel interpretations of nature ‘laws’ into programming scripts
- Develop data processing scripts to link satellite, plane and drone imagery with the plant biophysical characteristics (biomass, chlorophyll, crop cover)
- Translate the science of plant remote sensing (equations and classical models) into Python to turn data into decision support algorithms
- Be comfortable with producing a GOOD result quickly and then iterating to get to the PERFECT one (you will be asked to build MVP algorithms before going into full-scale model development)
- Work on real-time data in a timely fashion (you will get access to data captured from satellites, planes and drones hours after it was captured! )
Successful applicants must have:
- Must have 2 + years commercial experience in ML – Machine Learning
- Proficient coding and data analysis skills in Python
- Comfort with modelling on large-scale data (preferably geospatial/satellite imagery)
- Good communication skills – ability to conveying scientific concepts in layman’s terms
- Hungriness to learn. Every task will be a new challenge offering something new to master
Desirable skills (bonus if you have them!):
- Experience with geospatial data analysis
- GIS/remote sensing OR Agricultural/ecology science knowledge
- Leadership qualities, willingness to take ownership of the task
What’s in it for you:
- Work with an amazing driven team innovating at an incredible pace
- Contribute to making the world more sustainable, do good
- Get experience in a multi-national award-winning start-up (check us out TEDx and TechCrunch)
- Feel excited about your job and seize the opportunities for professional growth
- Make use of flexible work hours and the work mode you like
- Become a part of something huge! Not every day you can join the next unicorn
If this job sounds like you, and we sound like the kind of team you’d like to join, please apply.