Fly Arna is Armenia’s national airline and a joint venture company between the Armenian National Interests Fund (ANIF) and Air Arabia Group. Based in Zvartnots International Airport (EVN) in Yerevan, Fly Arna follows the successful low-cost business model operated by Air Arabia that focuses on offering comfort, reliability, and value-for-money air travel.
About the Role
As a nominated “Post Holder” by the General Department of Civil Aviation of Armenia (GDCA), the job holder shall lead and manage Flight Operations functions of Fly Arna. This includes:
- Safe, reliable, and efficient handling of Fly Arna flights in compliance with GDCA/ICAO/AOC regulations and the Airline’s objectives; optimal utilization of resources and financial control through managing manpower, budget, systems, and contractual agreements with a focus on Legality, Safety and Security, On Time Performance – OTP, and Human Factors.
- Support the management in achieving the strategic direction and development of the Flight Operations in Armenia in line with the Airline’s standards; participates in the planning and decision-making process for new initiatives, projects, policies and procedures related to operations. Defines the corresponding action plans and monitors performance accordingly.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- A320 Captain with valid Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) is a must for this role. TRE/TRI rating is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Aeronautics/Management or equivalent from a recognized university is an advantage.
- Training in safety and emergency response.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations related training is a must.
- Training in IATA principles & standards relating to security and human factors, are highly desirable.
- Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Aircraft Systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- English Proficiency Level 5 and above required; other languages is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in Airlines industry, 8 years of which in the Flight Dispatch or Operations; must have 5 years at least leading the Flight Operations of a multinational mid-sized airline company.
- Prior experience as Post Holder in a commercial airline will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Previous Management experience in Flight Operations, Training & Standards will be an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge in IATA/ CAA/Airbus and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations.
- Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures, manuals in line with standards and regulations.
- Hands on forecasting, budgeting, and monitoring performance KPIs of business initiatives in aviation.
- Exposure to Quality Assurance, Safety, and Security audit procedures and practices affecting Flight Operations.