At FLYING WHALES, our aim is to shake up the aeronautics and transport markets. Nothing less!
FLYING WHALES is a French company incorporated in 2012 to support the development and industrialization program of an airship with a carrying capacity of 60 tonnes. The development of this solution will make it possible to open up isolated territories lacking in transport infrastructure. This solution, which will offer a very low operational cost and a low environmental footprint, is intended to meet various needs in the energy, construction, industry, forestry, humanitarian and health sectors. , in France and abroad.
FLYING WHALES is developing this innovative and unique solution in the world in cooperation with a consortium of around thirty French and foreign industrial partners. The company bases its development on strong human values including team spirit, daring, and the ambition to make a significant contribution to our time.
We invite you to participate in this great industrial adventure which will lead to the emergence of a new generation of means of transport, innovative, economical, and with low environmental impact.
Within the flight physics and architecture department, as responsible for the design and validation of flight control laws, you will be notably in charge of:
- Realization of dynamic simulations to establish the characteristics and performances of the airship in open loop via the 6DOF reference simulation tool developed in the Matlab / Simulink environment,
- Develop and / or review the specifications of the flight control algorithms,
- Design of control algorithms for the airship (autopilot modes, increased stability and navigation algorithms in the Matlab-Simulink environment),
- Establishment of closed-loop performance and evaluation of flight qualities and performance in relation to the associated European Certification Standards,
- Management of FCL performance and improvement tests in ground test environments (Hardware In Loop and Iron Bird),
- Manage FCL performance and improvement tests in the flight test campaign.
You have :
- License in aeronautics / aerospace, control, mechanical or electrical and electronic engineering,
- Master (or engineering degree) in aeronautics / aerospace, control or electricity and electronics,
- Professional experience in the design of flight control law (FCL) algorithms, stability and performance analyzes of FCL algorithms,
- Experience and / or good level of knowledge of flight quality standards and specifications
- High level of experience in Matlab / Simulink and Visual C,
- Experience and / or good level of knowledge on the conversion of Matlab Simulink models into C codes,
- Experience and / or a good level of knowledge in the implementation of user interfaces such as X-Plane and Flight Simulator, etc. on simulation models based on Matlab-Simulink,
- Fluency in English
- Unusual dynamism;
- With a strong capacity for work, you meet fixed deadlines;
- A real ability to perform various tasks, often changing from one task to another of a different nature;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations internally;
- Adaptability. You know how to adjust your priorities quickly according to changes dictated by circumstances.
And you are excellent at one of these skills!
- You appreciate close teamwork and you are a good communicator.
- You take up challenges with passion and you like to surpass yourself.
- You have a strong ambition for your skills or your career.
- You want to contribute to an industrial adventure that is unique in the world.
Good English (B2-C1), rigor and a big appetite for this adventure are essential.