At FLYING WHALES, our aim is to shake up the aeronautics and transport markets. Nothing less!
At FLYING WHALES, our aim is to shake up the aeronautics and transport markets. Nothing less! We are a group of passionate people who believe that status quos are made to be exceeded. To do this, we are designing a unique aircraft which minimizes ground infrastructures and reduces economic and environmental costs. Our airship, the LCA60T, will carry and transport heavy loads from point to point, loading them on hover flight. The application field for our solution covers a wide range, starting with the logging industry. Our airship, equipped with state-of-the-art engineering and advanced technologies, will propose disruptive and game-changing solutions to overcome logistics problems in land-locked areas. To develop, manufacture and sell this major aeronautic innovation, we welcome the best talents, regardless of their age. Our project is on track; if you are an open-minded and rigorous pioneer ready to innovate, if you are one of those people who believe that a cohesive and passionate group can give life to a ground-breaking project, come and rise to the challenge with us!
The IPT propulsion department is responsible of the architecture, the industrial consortium deployment, the development, and the certification of the 4 Megawatts Hybrid distributed propulsion system of the LCA60T airship. The palette of activities proposed within the team is very broad from architecture, design, to project and program responsibilities and are distributed all along the life cycle of the project (development, industrialization, engineering test, first flight, certification, entry into service). The objective is to get a flying machine for 2023 and certification in 2024. The department is key for the overall project success, and we are a united, dynamic, and very enthusiastic team willing to go to fly as soon as possible.
You will participate in the development and evolution of both the Quality Management System (QMS) and Design Organisational Approval (DOA) of the company and will ensure various missions in an international context:
- Participate in the development of the company infrastructure necessary to be compliant with EASA PART 21 Subpart J (DOA),
- Support the Head of Independent System Monitoring in his surveillance activities including development assurance, design reviews and audits
- Perform monitoring engineering processes including compliance to the Design Organisation Manual,
- Prepare and follow Design Organisation Interface Arrangements with the Suppliers,
- Support the development of the QMS in compliance with EN9100,
- Prepare Process Assurance Plans and follow conformity as per those plans,
- Plan and conduct internal and external audits, assessments, investigations, compliance reviews as well as risk analyses,
- Follow-up of internal and external action plans
Education & Experience
- Degree in aerospace engineering and preferably with a master’s degree of a special focus on Management Systems including Quality,
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Engineering Quality ideally in aerospace world development programs through the design, development and certification life cycle is a must,
- Experience in EASA Part21 Subpart-J,
- Perfectly familiar with the following standards and regulation: EN 9100, EASA Part21, ARP 4754
- Comfortable in preparing documents, reports, presentations, and training programs
- Knowledge of Configuration Management, Systems Engineering and/or auditing experience is a real plus.
- A strong team member with very good communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Analytical and solution oriented
- Capability to work in a dynamic international environment
- Capability to give trainings internally and to suppliers
- Fluent in MS Office tools
- Very good English is required for the position. Other language (French) is a real plus.