SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a FPGA engineer on the Avionics digital design team, you will be designing, developing, and testing FPGA gateware that supports safety critical logic, sensors, optical, and communications systems on Starship, the Human Landing System, Falcon, and Dragon.
- Own the conceptual, architectural, and design components of digital, signal processing, and communication systems supporting SpaceX spacecraft
- Implement logic designs and signal processing algorithms in RTL
- Integrate designs onto FPGA/SoC platforms
- Bring up and validate devices that communicate to and fly in space
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer engineering, computer science, or related STEM fields
- 2+ years of experience working with FPGAs or ASICs (internship and research experience qualifies)
- 2+ years of experience using Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience working with complex digital designs
- Experience in different stages of silicon development: RTL design, verification, synthesis, timing analysis, lab bring up/validation
- Experience integrating logic onto SoC platforms and designing high-throughput PS/PL interfaces
- Solid understanding of DSP fundamentals
- Experience interfacing with high-rate conversion interfaces (Xilinx RFSoC, AD9361)
- Experience designing and modeling DSP blocks and algorithms (filters, modems, etc)
- Software development skills (C/C++)
- Scripting skills (bash, Perl, Python)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing needs, requirements, and challenges
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.