ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer (TBS) on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Cadarache, France, to join their Test Blanket System Team. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries). Furthermore, upon selection, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider (further information will be provided at the interview stage).
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Supervise all aspects of mechanical integration of the components of the different WCLL and HCCP-TBM ancillary systems (cooling and coolant purification systems, tritium extraction systems, PbLi loop, etc.). In particular, the successful candidate will provide instructions and recommendations on the most suitable types and locations of the mechanical joints, the mechanical supports for the connection to the primary and secondary frame structures in the different TBS rooms, the features of the piping elements (e.g. type of valves and actuators), the optimization of the system layouts in light of the required maintenance provisions. All this will be done according to the regulatory documents and code&standards when relevant, as well as in line with the good engineering practice;
- Contribute to the preparation of the regulatory documentation, like the hazard analysis of the most complex pressure equipment;
- Review the termo-mechanical analyses provided by the engineering service suppliers in charge of the design of the WCLL and HCCP ancillary systems;
- Collaborate with the contractual engineering service suppliers and, when relevant, participate to the internal review cycle of their technical deliverables;
- Work in close collaboration with the responsible of the different ancillary systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Nuclear Engineering;
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in the use of codes and standards for the design of mechanical components (at least one of the following: ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-MR, RCC-MRx, Eurocodes, EN standards, European Directives, etc.);
- Experience in the definition of the design of mechanical systems based on relevant manufacturing processes (forming, forging, rolling, joining, machining, assembly, testing, etc.);
- Experience in the production and/or assessment of built-to-print documentation is an asset;
- Experience in the definition of the manufacturing tolerances of mechanical assemblies considering the final dimensional requirements of the assemblies, including functional annotation is an asset;
- Experience in the performance of FMEAs and/or functional analyses and/or reliability analyses and/or spare part analyses is an asset;
- General knowledge of welding (TIG, GMAW, SMAW, EB, etc.), and/or brazing and/or HIPping is an asset;
- Fluency English, both written and spoken;
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in EU;
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the country of duty.
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
What do we offer?
In ATG Europe (or our subsidiaries) you will have the chance to work on the most interesting and technologically advanced projects in the space, big-science, and high-tech domains. You will enjoy the focused yet relaxed spirit and culture of our teams and the excellent working conditions our company provides. We firmly believe that development and growth perspectives are crucial to everyone’s career, and we therefore provide you with a personal development plan, regular assessment checkpoints and a dedicated training and education budget to support you, not only in your current work, but also paving the road to your next professional steps.
For those relocating in order to embrace a new career with us, we offer international relocation assistance in settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children and a relocation budget that is applicable to all ATG staff.
About ATG Europe
Today, ATG Europe is recognized as a leading provider of specialized engineering, scientific and technical services to the European Space, Big-Science, and high-tech industry. Our headquarters are located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands and we have subsidiaries in Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, and the UK. Besides these countries, ATG also operates in France, Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, and Belgium.