Freedom Robotics believes that highly reliable and cost-effective robots will transform how tasks are done and make automated work the new standard. Robots will help make life better for everyone, and we are building the software and services to power them.
We keep our teams small and hire only the best. We are looking for people who are both passionate about changing the world and who understand, appreciate, and have experienced the hard work necessary to create world-class software and hardware products.
We are looking for robotic software developers who have experience with the excitement (and pain) of the life-cycle of robotic product development. You will be leading the design, implementation, and deployment of next-generation robotic software systems.
- Developing Freedom’s core on-robot agent
- Designing and building extremely cool and complex robots we can’t tell anyone about yet
- Interfacing Freedom’s systems with our customers’ platforms
- Designing new robot services and features
- Integrating platforms and systems (SLAM, cameras, sensors, and more)
- MS or higher in CS, AI, or other engineering discipline
- Strong Python w/ C++ experience, OpenCV
- 3+ years ROS on real robots
- Worked at 1+ robotics product/consulting/design company in the past
- Significant linux experience (Bash scripting, kernel/apt/devices, daemons, systemd, etc…)
- JIRA/Trello/…, Git, CircleCI/Jenkins/…
- SLAM, mapping, planning, cameras, drivers, stability of interfaces, moveit