Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space missions for graduates up until experienced professionals.
This is an opportunity to provide a Spacecraft Operations Engineering service within the GAIA Flight Control Team. The successful candidate shall be assigned a primary area of responsibility, such as Payload or Platform sub-systems and also be expected to take on additional areas of responsibility for other Ground Segment elements. This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around September 2019.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The GAIA Spacecraft Operations Engineer will initially be assigned to a particular mission (GAIA) within the Astronomical and Fundamental Physics Missions family.
The general activities to be supported by this candidate are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Study of Project specific Characteristics
- Participation in the development of the Ground Segment Documentation (System Requirements Document, System Test Plan)
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
- Participation in the Ground Segment system validation activities
- Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
- Preparation of Nominal Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT) Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
- Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
- Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Provision of an on-call service as a member of the Flight Control Team
- Occasional European travel to Industrial/Project partners
- University degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Spacecraft system and subsystem knowledge
- Experience in Ground Segment development and/or improvement activities in support of flight operations
- Experience in spacecraft operations
- Ability to coordinate with other service providers in operations (team player)
- Ability to interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. ground data systems)
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Familiarity with ground station control processes and set-up
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with flight operations or spacecraft operations
- Familiarity with MOIS 7
- Familiarity with Ground station scheduling processes
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.