Supporting you to Step up your career in the Space and Security Sector.
You will have the opportunity to support the Galileo Reference Centre (GRC) Manager. GRC is responsible for the following:
- Independent Monitoring of Service Provision/ Performance Monitoring of Galileo services.
- Multi-GNSS Independent Monitoring (compatibility & Interoperability).
- Interface with Cooperating entities (i.e. cooperating entities from EU Member States, Norway and Switzerland).
Tasks and Activities
- Support development, implementation and optimization of GNSS data processing systems.
- Processing and archiving of data from GNSS networks, meteorological sensors, etc.
- Preparation of technical tender specifications and follow up of contracts regarding GRC development, operations and hosting services
- Coordinate contractors on GRC site.
- Coordinate/interface internally within the GSA (GSA-HQ, GSC and GSMC) and externally with EC, ESA, and Member states.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in data processing activities working with various tools.
- You have hands-on Experience with GNSS Data Processing tools such as Bernese GNSS Software, GAMIT/GLOBK, GIPSY-OASIS, BKG Ntrip Client, and IGS products.
- You have experience in GNSS related activities.
- You have experience in project management and/or industrial procurement activities.
- You have knowledge of radio-navigation satellite systems and/or receivers.
- You have excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You have professional experience in an international working environment.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have hands-on experience of operating complex systems.
- You have programming / Scripting experience with Matlab, C/C++, Python, and UNIX environment.
- You have knowledge of the GNSS Systems and PRS design.
- You have knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Precise orbit determination
- GNSS Timing applications
- Innovative techniques for Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (e.g. ARAIM)
- You have experience with working in line with EU security regulations, international security standards (e.g. ISO standard 27001), and in Security Accreditation domain, in particular if experience in security-related matters of the Galileo programmes.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.