Systems Engineer (M/F)
REACHING NEW STARS. Gama makes the imaginable possible. Thanks to low-cost, reliable and scalable solar sails, we are redefining deep space access.
Gama offers access to deep space using low-cost, reliable and scalable solar sails. While chemical and electric propulsion are complex and limited in range, solar sails fulfils the dream of free and continuous acceleration using the sun’s energy.
Founded in late 2020, backed by well known entrepreneurs, and collaborating closely with the French Space Agency (CNES), the team is moving fast for a first deep-space mission around 2026 to demonstrate our technology.
Our team is the secret to our success. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious and looking for the challenge to transform an industry.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious vision, we are looking for a Systems Engineer (m/f). In this position, you will be defining and orchestrating key mission requirements across the Gama team and our partners, and responsible for ensuring subsystems in our spacecraft work together effectively to meet each mission’s objectives.
Your mission will be to:
- Define and communicate mechanical, hardware and software requirements from analysis of technical specifications, mission requirements, and customer needs
- Design system network architecture, protocols, and data buses, including payload software configuration
- Build the spacecraft data management and data budget
- Plan and manage system implementation, integration, testing and validation
- Design spacecraft operations and risk mitigation strategies
- Coordinate system logistics and transition to operations
- Contribute to other systems engineering tasks such as functional architecture interfaces management, FDIR/FMECA, technical planning, product assurance, and mission design
- Build the company’s know-how at designing and operating deep-space missions
You come with:
- Systems modeling/system decomposition and parametric design skills
- Fluency in Embedded Software Development
- Experience with communication interfaces at the hardware level
- Good knowledge & proven experience with space testing and qualification standards (in particular GEVS and ECSS)
- Previous experience with the integration of nanosatellites/microsatellites
- Project and product management experience
- Can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and unbounded curiosity
- Spoken English – further languages welcome
- Space Systems Engineering experience is a plus
- The opportunity to shape the space industry, and be at the cutting edge of space exploration
- A steep personal development path, learning from and working with the Gama teams
- A highly talented, dynamic and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a privately financed New Space company
We are looking forward to receiving your application!