Gama offers access to deep space using low-cost, reliable and scalable solar sails. While chemical and electric propulsion are complex and limited in range, solar sails fulfils the dream of free and continuous acceleration using the sun’s energy.
Founded in late 2020, backed by well known entrepreneurs, and collaborating closely with the French Space Agency (CNES), the team is moving fast for a first launch with SpaceX in 2022 to demonstrate our technology.
Our team is the secret to our success. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious and looking for the challenge to transform an industry.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious vision, we are looking for a Mechanical Design & Simulation Engineer (m/f). In this position, you will be in charge of the design and simulation of mechanical parts and assemblies within the AIT team (Assembly, Integration and Tests).
Your mission will be to:
- Support the creation of new designs, from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to test and deployment
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies for facilities and test bench, as well as the interfaces between the solar sail and the satellite
- Run mechanical simulations to validate design
- Create and maintain design files, technical documentation and ensure the traceability of actions
You come with:
- Strong technical expertise across all phases of the engineering design process
- Mastery of CAD and simulation software for dynamic simulation
- Previous experience in design and simulation
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and unbounded curiosity
- Professional level English – further languages welcome
- The opportunity to shape the space industry, and be at the cutting edge of space exploration
- A steep personal development path, learning from and working with the Gama teams
- A highly talented, dynamic and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a privately financed New Space company
We are looking forward to receiving your application!